Full-Duplex RaptorXR VHF and UHF Broadband Digital White Space Radio Systems Provide Reliable, Extended-Range High-Speed Wide-Area Infrastructure Backbone Network Connectivity for Remote Multimedia Services.
TV Band White Space Spectrum Advantage
Operation in the VHF and UHF bands, provides:
- Up to 5 times the range, coverage and penetration within indoors and in rural settings compared to WiFi or WiMax (See Table 1)
- Superior RF reach and coverage in non-line of sight and forested areas
- Spectrum Agility and OFDM waveform capability increases throughput and avoids on-air interference
- Scalable payload capacity to respond to coverage and capacity demands
- RaptorXR’s patented Spectrum Management Engine, works with iConnectiv’s FCC Database, to assure continuous link reliability
RaptorXR’s embedded network engine enables deployment of any network architecture ranging from system critical single-link multi-point networks to multi-link and ad-hoc peer-to-peer mesh systems. Multi-channel bonding and user-defined redundancy schemes maintain network QoS and reliability. Additional capabilities include channel and link bonding to enhance throughput and reliability. RaptorXR’s proprietary time-division multiple access technology enables SCADA and data monitoring and control systems to tailor RaptorXR’s performance to their particular needs.
Network Management Advantage
SafariView, RaptorXR’s embedded Operations, Administration and Maintenance tool provides secure local or remote configuration and control of each RaptorXR node and local network interfaces (Windows, Linux, iOS and Android platforms). RaptorXR supports nearly all 3rd party enterprise network management applications including OpenNMS.
The standard RaptorXR embeds a number of Security Monitors and Controls to protect against non-authorized access to each Raptor node. RaptorXR’s integrated crypto engine can be tailored to support a wide variety of commercial and government cyber defense requirements.
Application Versatility Advantage
Reliable communications is core to meeting tomorrow’s objective of secure integrative operations. RaptorXR’s network scalability and versatility allows system planners to conceive, plan, and meet specific range, coverage, security and performance requirements at minimum life-cycle cost in the shortest period.
RaptorXR is the low cost solution of choice. Its broad operating spectrum capability and longer reach means less equipment and infrastructure, providing a real alternative to VSAT, microwave, and fiber in challenging environments.
- Complete Hi-Band VHF and UHF operation: 174-216, 470-602, 620-698 MHz
- Maximum FCC approved power output: +27.8 dBm
- Optimum link performance via automatic end-to-end signal integrity control
- Proprietary embedded White Space Spectrum management System for uninterrupted operation
- User-configurable point-to-point, point-to-multipoint and ad hoc mesh topologies
- Compatible with all IP based routers, hosts and clients
- Bond multiple RF channels and links together to increase payload capacity and system reliability
- Single Tx/Rx and diversity Tx/Rx antenna options provide maximum range and coverage
- Meets requirements of DHS/NIST Guide to Industrial Control System Security NIST Special Publication 800-82 Rev.1 (May 2013)
- Robust suite of physical, firmware and software tools to secure and defend against field intrusions and data theft
- LTE/4G/GSM Range Extension
- WiFi/WiMax Off-load
- Rural and Urban Internet Distribution Systems
- Superior in-building penetration and coverage
Industrial Control and SCADA Systems
- Oil and gas refineries and distribution networks
- Water and Waste Water Infrastructure
- Electric Power Transmission and Distribution Grid
- Chemical and Pharmaceutical processing facilities
- Intelligent Highway Infrastructure Networks
- Rail Monitoring and Control Systems
- Broadband Harbor and Waterway Networks
- Highway Monitoring and Traffic Control
- Harsh weather packaging (arctic to jungle)
- Class 1, Div 2 Packaging available
- Add-on channel option provides increased payload rates, 1:N link redundancy and fault tolerant operation (requires one or more Channel Expansion shelves)
- Interfaces for legacy (non-IP) devices
- Custom DC inputs from 12 VDC to -48 VDC